Capilano University includes 5 faculties and each is divided into specialized schools:
1. The Faculty of Arts and Science includes:
- School of Humanities,
- School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM),
- School of Social Sciences.
2. The Faculty of Business and Professional Studies includes:
- Business School,
- School of Communications;
- School of Legal Studies
3. The Faculty of Education, Health and Human Development includes:
- School of Education and Childhood;
- School of Health;
- School of Access and Academic Training.
4. The Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts includes:
- School of Design IDEA,
- Film school,
- School of Performing Arts.
5. The Faculty of Global and Social Studies includes:
- School of Global management,
- School of Human kinetics,
- School of Outdoor Recreation Management,
- School of Public Administration,
- School of Tourism Management.
International students can choose from several programs in the following areas:
1. Business - programs of different levels are available: Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting Assistant Diploma, Business Administration Certificate, North American Business Management Applied Post-Baccalaureate Diploma, etc.
2. Communication - two programs are open for international students: Bachelor of Communication Studies Degree and Communication Studies Diploma.
3. Legal Studies - 3 specialties are available: Bachelor of Legal Studies (Paralegal) Degree, Paralegal Diploma and Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate.
4. Film production, animation, costume designers: Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree, 3D Animation for Film and Games Diploma, Costuming for Stage and Screen Diploma, etc.
5. Performing Arts (Music, Theater, Arts and Entertainment): Music Diploma, Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies Degree, Technical Theater Diploma, etc.)
6. Design: Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Degree.
7. Tourism Management: Bachelor of Tourism Management Degree, Tourism Management for International Students Diploma, Outdoor Recreation Management Diploma, etc.
8. Education and upbringing of children: Bachelor of Early Childhood Care and Education Degree;
9. Humanities and social sciences (Bachelor of Arts, - Applies Behavior Analysis, Academic Studies Diploma, etc.);
10. Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM): Associate of Science Degree, Engineering Transition Diploma, etc.
The university also offers such rare specialties as Associate of Arts Degree - Global Stewardship, Human Kinetics Diploma and others.
The first course that most international students have to take is the EAP - English for Academic Purposes program. It helps improving the level of language proficiency in a short time, which necessary for studying at the university. The beginning level is determined for each student and the most effective classes plan is determined.