The University of Hartford comprises 7 unique schools and colleges. The institution offers a wide variety of academic programs, opportunities for interdisciplinary learning, and several distinctive programs, such as acoustic engineering and music.
- College of Arts and Sciences: Offers 25 undergraduate majors, 29 additional programs, seven master's programs, and numerous interdisciplinary offerings. With world-class faculty, including mathematicians, philosophers, psychologists, and sociologists, the rich interdisciplinary environment fosters collaboration and interaction from various perspectives.
- Barney School of Business: Known for the innovative Career Ready program. Undergraduate majors range from accounting and finance to management and marketing. Graduate programs include an MBA and a Master's in Accounting and Taxation, among others. Barney is recognized as one of the top business schools in the country by Bloomberg Businessweek, US News & World Report, and The Princeton Review. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) places Barney among the top five percent of business schools globally.
100% of students complete at least one major-related internship before graduation, and 91% of graduates either work or continue their education within six months of earning their degree.
- College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions: Prepares students to become ethical, well-rounded professionals in careers that help people live healthy and fulfilling lives. The individualized curriculum prepares students for a wide range of professions and postgraduate programs in education and healthcare. Since clinical experience is integrated into all programs, students actively engage in their field well before graduation.
- College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture: Regardless of whether a student is interested in robotics, sustainable architecture, or innovative technological solutions, the curriculum stimulates creative potential and contributes to a successful career. The college aims to help students solve problems, establish connections, and find the tools needed for success in their chosen fields.
- The Hartt School: An innovative performing arts school based on the Hartt Conservatory offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as pre-professional training in music, dance, and theatre. Students are taught by performing artists, composers, scholars, sound engineers, and arts managers. Hartt is a globally recognized conservatory for music, dance, and theatre, providing the best preparation for a successful creative career.
- The Hartford Art School: A professional art school offering nine studio majors leading to a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree, one Bachelor of Arts (BA) program in art history, and two Master of Fine Arts (MFA) programs. The school provides a foundation for success in areas such as painting, ceramics, illustration, game art animation, photography, printmaking, visual communication design, and art history.
- Hillyer College: Small classes, personalized counseling plans, and a dedicated learning center ensure a successful transition from high school to college.