Vancouver Island University offers more than 120 programs in various fields:
- Art, design, performing arts. There are 5 undergraduate programs available for creative students at the university:
* graphic design;
* Interior Design;
* jazz research;
* visual arts.
There are also three courses to choose from, after which you can get a diploma: jazz studies, visual arts and theater arts (transfer program).
- Humanities and social sciences. The university has more than 25 programs and courses to choose from. The student can choose certification course, diploma course or Bachelor's or Master's degree. The range of specialties is very wide: chemistry, economics, geography, kinesiology, mathematics, anthropology, history, languages and culture, media studies, sociology, etc.
- Business and management. About 20 education programs from short one- and two-year, the completion of which allows you to get a certificate or diploma, to BBA and MBA degrees in business administration, accounting, economics, financial services, international business and other specialties.
- Pedagogy. Future teachers are offered many different education programs, the completion of which will lead to diploma, Bachelor's degree and Master's degree.
There is also a postgraduate course.
- Healthcare. If you like helping people or animals, at VIU you can choose a program which suits your skills and plans the best.
The university offers 7 certification programs, 2 diploma programs, and you can also get Bachelor's degree in nursing or a Master's degree in gerontology.
- Social work. If you are eager to help other people, the university offers many programs to help you get certificate, diploma, Bachelor's or Master's degree and social work with children, youth or the elderly people.
- Science and technology. Students who want to devote their lives to science or the development of technology can choose one of the many specialties (computer science, earth sciences, geography, conservation of natural resources, etc.) The university offers diploma
courses and undergraduate programs.
- Tourism, recreation and hotel business. The university offers a number of short-term programs as well as 2 Bachelor's and Master's degrees in tourism and hospitality management.
- Trade jobs and applied technologies. You can take short programs and get a professional certificate or diploma and carry out practical activities.
The advantage of such training is short training and the demand for such specialists at the labor market. The higher educational institution will allow mastering more than 20 specialties from a hairdresser and an assistant to a heavy equipment operator and an electrician.
Vancouver Island University also offers a number of special courses and opportunities that can be an excellent steppingstone for further education or professional growth. These are the following programs:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) These are study programs, the completion of which will allow you to learn and teach English on a good level. There are three non-credit courses to choose from: Internet ESL, ESL and TESOL.
- University studies (EXPO) are special programs for those who have not decided on their plans and do not know exactly what specialty they want to get.
The variety of classes and the help of consultants will be very useful and help you understand what you would like to do and what kind of education to get.
- Professional development and training - a huge number of advanced training programs will help everyone find a suitable course in areas such as health and care, business and management, aesthetics, trade, etc.
- Co-operative Programs - A number of programs include paid work hours at a specialized institution. The student can get education, real experience and salary.
- On-line programs and courses. The university offers several degree, Bachelor's and Master's programs that you can take online.
- Academic and Professional Education, High School Equivalence (ABE) are courses that will allow adults to gain missed high school knowledge or improve their qualifications. Upon completion, the student receives a certificate. The higher educational institution also offers 2 non-credit courses in this area.
- Graduate school at VIU is a good chance to prepare for university enrollment, both for Canadian high school students and for foreign students in grades 10-12.
Vancouver Island University provides accommodation for most of its students. there are several accommodation options to choose from:
- in the university student residence;
- in a townhouse;
- in the apartment;
- in a host family.
Students can get all the necessary services in the central building of the Cedar Center. There are a laundry room, mailboxes and other services necessary for a comfortable life.