offers a three-year diploma program in classical and digital animation. Students learn how to create storyboards, design scenes, animate characters, and apply theories of motion, timing, storytelling, and digital technologies to produce high-quality animation and design.
This hands-on program places special emphasis on interdisciplinary learning, which is essential for success in the modern animation industry.
In the first year, students develop basic skills, including animation, design, film language, life drawing, and structural drawing for animation.
In the second and third years, students choose a specialization from one of four directions:
- 2D Animation.
- 3D Animation.
- Game Art and Animation.
- Visual Development.
This program is one of the most sought-after animation programs in Canada.Courses in the program include:
Graduates can work in:
- Design for animation
- Film language
- Animation fundamentals
- Structural drawing for animation
- Introduction to 3D concepts
- Life drawing
- Character and prop design
- Story, script, sound, background
- Real-time 3D graphics
- Game engines and development
- 3D lighting
- Digital sculpture, and many more.
Tuition for international students
- 2D and 3D television animation studios
- Animated film studios
- Game studios
- Pre-production and concept art studios
- Visual effects studios
- Advertising agencies
- Virtual production producers.
in the 2023/24 academic year for this program is $21,192 per year.